Reasons Why My Teeth Hurt – How to Get Rid of Tooth PainDecember 29, 2020
3 Ways You Can Prevent Tooth Decay: Our GuideJanuary 20, 2021
The world of dentistry has come a long way from what it used to be. Apart from preventative dental services, many dental practices today also offer restorative and cosmetic dentistry. If you’re thinking about having a perfect smile, you can start by having a straight set of complete teeth. Not only can misalignment teeth look unsightly, but it can also compromise your smiles health and your overall confidence. When it comes to dental procedures for teeth alignment, you have the option to choose between traditional braces and Invisalign. But which of the two is a better option?
In this article, we’ll share with you the differences between the two types of cosmetic straightening, ceramic braces vs Invisalign so that you can weigh their pros and cons to make the best choice.
Understanding the difference between ceramic braces vs Invisalign
Let’s first explore the differences between ceramic braces vs Invisalign based on their definition. Take note of the following:
- Ceramic braces: They are orthodontic tools designed to straighten your teeth and fix bite problems. As the name suggests, they are made of ceramic materials instead of metal like regular braces. The ceramic brackets are attached to the teeth’ surfaces with similar colored wires and rubber bands and are worn for a certain period until the teeth are aligned.
- Invisalign: This is a computer-generated, 3D-printed clear aligner designed to straighten your teeth using pressure. It has a series of custom-made, clear braces used to cover your teeth and pull them into their proper position over time. It is a fairly new orthodontic tool considered to be a great innovation in the world of dentistry.
Weighing the pros and cons between the two
Now, let’s delve into the benefits and drawbacks of wearing ceramic braces vs Invisalign. Consider the following details:
- Ceramic braces: They are less visible than metal braces and can take on average only 18 to 36 months to straighten teeth. These braces also come in various colors, where you can choose something that works for you. Finally, they don’t interfere with imaging tests, especially if you need to get dental x-rays.
- Invisalign: Unlike ceramic braces, this clear aligner is removable, which allows you to eat, drink, and clean your teeth properly. It also gives you a good appearance as the trays are clear and not distracting. The aligner has a very convenient treatment time frame, where you’ll wear them for 22 to 24 hours a day for 6 to 18 months.
- Ceramic braces: One major drawback of these is that they are more expensive than metal braces. They may also cause gum sensitivity as they are larger than metal brackets. Finally, they are slightly less durable than metal braces, so you need to take good care of them if you want to avoid emergency dental visits.
- Invisalign: This dental tool works wonders in straightening your teeth in most cases.
However, since they are removable and only work if you are wearing them, you have to be very compliant and responsible at wearing them.
At this point, you now know some of the differences between ceramic braces vs Invisalign. Be sure to consider all the valuable information discussed above and weigh in the pros and cons to see what works for you. Whatever your decision will be, you can rest assured that both solutions will give you a perfect smile!
Are you looking for teeth straightening treatment? We’ve got you covered, as we have a leading dental practice in Charlotte! We have a wide range of dental services, ranging from preventative and restorative to cosmetic dentistry. If you’re looking to get Invisalign for your teeth alignment, schedule an appointment with us today!