Financing & Insurance
Financing & Insurance
Financing and Insurance
While we are committed to providing you with the latest in dental technology, we also understand just how important the financial aspect is to your care. To make your care more affordable, we accept many different insurance policies and offer a discount plan for our cash paying patients.
- Delta Dental Premier
- Lincoln Financial Group
- United Healthcare
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions about your insurance. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your coverage, and are also able to file your insurance claims on your behalf.
- Southview Discount Plan: We offer an in-office discount plan exclusively for our patients who are paying cash for their treatment. The plan provides between 25% and 30% of the regular office fees to help make treatment more affordable. Please contact our office to get more information about the Southview Discount plan!
- Medical Insurance: In some situations, your medical insurance plan may cover some necessary medical dental procedures. We can help you look into whether this is an option for your case.
- Payment Plan: Southview also offers a payment plan where you can make monthly payments before your upcoming appointment. This helps you keep your dental care within your monthly budget.
- Financing – We proudly work with CareCredit and can help you apply for interest free financing. Please speak with one of our financial care associates for more information.
There are several different types of insurance plans that you may participate in:
- Preferred Provider Organizations, or PPO plans, offer a network of participating dentists who agree to accept contracted fees as payment. These fees are usually lower than their typical office fees. If you have a PPO plan, you will likely pay a percentage of that lowered rate, and the insurance company will pay the rest. You may have to meet a deductible before your insurance benefits will apply. The percentage that you are responsible will vary by plan, by policy, and by procedure. You can usually visit any dentist you wish, even if they are not in the PPO network.
- Health Maintenance Organizations, or HMO, require that you choose a single dentist or dental facility to coordinate all of your care. If you need more specialized care, your primary dentist will issue a referral for you to see the specialist. When you participate in an HMO dental plan, you will pay a set fee for your treatment. HMOs usually do not have a deductible, and diagnostic/preventative services don’t require a copay. Unlike PPO plans, you must see a dentist within the network or you will be financially responsible for the entire bill.
- Indemnity, or Fee for Service, plans are very similar to PPO plans: you visit a network dentist, pay a certain percentage for each service and the insurance plan pays the remainder. You will also likely have a deductible, and may also have an annual maximum amount that the plan will cover. However, the main difference between a PPO and Indemnity plan is that the indemnity dentist is not usually paid as much as the PPO dentist, which can increase the amount that you are responsible for.
- Discount plans are also known as reduced fee for service plans. These plans are not traditional insurance coverage, but provide discounted rates when you see a participating provider. There usually are no deductibles, or annual maximums to deal with when you are part of a discount plan.